Smoked Cheddar, Sweet Onion & envy™ Apple Focaccia
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 cup (250ml) cloudy apple juice
- 3 cups (450g) 00 flour, plus extra to dust
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to lightly grease
- 1 cup (120g) coarsely grated smoked cheddar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 (80g) small white onion, sliced thinly into rounds
- 2 envy™ apples, sliced thinly
- fresh lemon thyme leaves, to serve
- Combine water and yeast in a large bowl of a stand mixer; whisk to combine. Set aside for 5 to 8 minutes or until foamy on the surface.
- Add the apple juice, flour and salt. Using the dough hook, mix well until sticky and combined. Knead for about 8 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Transfer dough to a large lightly oiled bowl; cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside for an hour in a warm draft-free spot or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch dough down gently and using oiled hands press into a lightly oiled 34cm x 21cm baking tray. Sprinkle with cheddar; set aside loosely covered to prove in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Place oil, honey and vinegar in a large bowl; mix to combine. Add onion and apples; gently toss to coat.
- Using fingers press into dough to create dimples. Top with apple mixture and any juices from the bowl. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme leaves to serve.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
Recipe featured in The Australian Women’s Weekly Magazine, July 2021 Edition
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Lentil, BLACK DIAMOND® Plum and Celeriac Salad
Chai Spiced Whole Baked JAZZ™ Apples
30 - 40 mins
JAZZ™ Apple, Orange and Turmeric Tonic
JAZZ™ Apple Cake
Salted Butterscotch & JAZZ™ Apple ANZAC Crumble
CROC EGGS™ Plum and Coconut Icy Poles
Pulled Pork with JAZZ™ Apple & Kimchi Slider Burger