Classic envy™ Apple Lattice Tart
- 2-3 sheets ready rolled sweet short pastry
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon milk – beaten for egg wash
- 4-5 envy™ apples
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 185 degrees.
- Use 2 sheets of the semi-thawed pastry to line a fluted tart tin approx. 25cm pressing and trimming neatly to fit, chill for 15 minutes.
- Peel, core and slice envy™ apples thinly into a large bowl, sprinkle over sugar, lemon zest and cornflour and toss well to evenly coat the slices.
- Arrange the apple slices in the pastry lined tart tin, laying as flat as you can.
- Brush the egg wash around the pastry rim.
- Cut 1 cm strips form the remaining pastry sheet and make a lattice pattern over the top of the apples, crimping down the edges once the lattice is completed.
- Brush the tart with more egg wash and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with ice-cream, custard or cream.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum and Almond Free Form Tart by Donna Hay
Spiced Pork Belly with Roasted Plums
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Rocky Road
Poached the MONTAGUE tree™ Plums with Coconut Rice Pudding
JAZZ™ Apple & Potato Rosti