Smitten® Apple Fritters with Chilli and Rosemary sugar
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 3 Smitten® Apples, peeled, cored and cut into rounds
- 1 cup plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 cup soda water
- Chilli & Rosemary Sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 ltr oil, for frying
- ice cream, for serving
- In a bowl combine the flour, bi-carb soda, soda water and 1tbs caster sugar, whisk together until it forms a batter.
- Heat oil in a saucepan to 180 deg Celcius. Dust the apple slices with flour then dip into the batter and carefully place into the oil. Fry until the batter is golden and crispy.
- In a mortar and pestle add the rosemary and punt into small pieces. Add the sugar, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt, mix together.
- Once the fritters are fried dust with the chilli and rosemary sugar. Serve the fritters topped with a ball of ice cream.
Recipe by Michael Weldon, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple, Ham, & Cheese Pockets
JAZZ™ Apple, Watermelon & Mint Cooler
Grilled Pork Chops with Tangy Croc Eggs Plum Sauce
Thai JAZZ™ Apple Spring Rolls with Apple Peanut Sauce
Rocket & CROC EGGS™ Plum Summer Salad
JAZZ™ Apple, Date, Almond & Mint Salad with Sweet Vanilla Lime Dressing
JAZZ™ Apple Cinnamon Roll Ice cream
the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach Aquafaba Pavlova