envy™ apple and tuna tartar with dill & chive oil and macadamia cream
- 400g sashimi grade tuna, blood line removed and wrapped tightly in clingfilm
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnishing
- 1/4 bunch dill (30g), chopped plus extra dill fronds for garnishing
- 1/4 bunch chive (20g)
- 2 envy™ apples, chilled
- 4 radishes, washed and chilled
- 2 tablespoons (30g) salted Lilliput capers, rinsed, drained and dried
- Macadamia cream
- 1 cup (130g) macadamias, soaked in one cup of boiling water from the kettle for 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup grape seed oil
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- Place the wrapped tuna in the freezer for 30 minutes to help firm it up.
- Make the macadamia cream by draining away the water and adding the softened nuts to a blender along with the vinegar, olive oil, salt flakes and half a cup of water (preferably filtered). Blitz until super smooth, adding extra salt and some pepper to taste. Scrape out into a bowl and set aside to chill in the fridge.
- Finely slice the cheeks of the envy™ apples and radishes on the mandolin or with a very sharp knife.
- Remove the fish from the freezer, unwrap, and cut into .5cm slice with said sharp knife.
- Place a swodge of chilled macadamia cream on each plate and build up the tuna, envy™ apple and radish.
- Dress with some drips of dill oil and dill fronds and some salt flakes and freshly ground pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a small pan and fry the capers for a minute or two until crisp, then sprinkle over the top and drizzle over some olive oil, salt flakes and freshly ground pepper.
Courtesy of Channel 10’s Farm to Fork. Recipe by Michael Weldon.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum Crumble
Poached envy™ Apples with Salted Caramel
Chilli-glazed Salmon with Zoodles and the MONTAGUE tree™ Nectarine Salsa
JAZZ™ Apple And Coconut Dahl
the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach, Watermelon and Feta Salad
The Orchard Sausage and Smitten® Apple Salad
HONEYCOT® Apricot Tagine
the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach Aquafaba Pavlova