Norman Style Chicken with JAZZ™ Apples
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 3 JAZZ™ apples
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 brown onion
- 1 large chicken
- 125 ml calvados or dried apple cider (½ cup)
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- salt and pepper
- 125 g crème fraîche (½ cup)
- 1 bunch parsley
- Preheat oven to 200C. Sauté the JAZZ™ apple pieces and bay leaves in half the butter in a frying pan set over a moderate heat for 4 minutes, until lightly-browned, then add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Fry the chicken pieces in the remaining butter for 3 minutes on each side, until browned, then return the JAZZ™ apple mixture. Pour in the Calvados and cook until almost evaporated, then add the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes, until the chicken is firm and the sauce has begun to thicken.
- Mix in the crème fraîche and parsley, then serve.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple, Ham, & Cheese Pockets
Spicy Butterscotch JAZZ™ Apple Cake
JAZZ™ Apple, Watermelon & Mint Cooler
JAZZ™ Apple Crumble Slice
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Panna Cotta and Plum Jelly