Cider-braised Chicken with envy™ Apple, Fennel & Rosemary
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken marylands
- 2 envy™ apples, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 small fennel, cut into thin edges, reserve fennel fronds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 330ml bottle apple cider
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 200ml crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp seeded mustard
- crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced). Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pan over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt flakes and pepper and cook skin-side down for 5 minutes, or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cook the apple and fennel in the same pan (in batches) for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden. Return all the apples and fennel, add the maple syrup and cook for 2 minutes, or until caramelised. Remove from the pan.
- Add garlic, apple cider and lemon juice to the pan and bring to a simmer. Arrange apple, fennel, rosemary and chicken, skin side up, in the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and apples are tender. Sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds
- Swirl the crème fraîche and mustard together. Serve chicken with mustard crème fraîche and crusty bread.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
Recipe featured in The Australian Women’s Weekly Magazine, July 2021 Edition
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Roasted Root Vegetables & envy™ Apples with Pecan Crumble
Valentine Envy™ Apple Cheesecake Bars
Salted Butterscotch & JAZZ™ Apple ANZAC Crumble
Crispy Soy Roasted Pork Belly with Asian Spiced BLACK DIAMOND® Plums
JAZZ™ Apple Monsters
Cinnamon JAZZ™ Apple Dumplings with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Greek Chicken and JAZZ™ Apple Lettuce Wraps
CROC EGGS™ Plum and Coconut Icy Poles