Sticky Smoky Spicy Pork Ribs with JAZZ™ Apple Slaw
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- Sticky Smoky Spicy Pork Ribs
- 470 ml smoky spicy BBQ or mexican style sauce (2 cups)
- 1 juice of orange
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 120 ml maple syrup (½ cup)
- 50 g brown sugar (⅓ cup)
- 1.5 kgs american pork ribs small ends are the best
- JAZZ™ Apple Slaw
- 1 tbsp mild English mustard
- ½ juice of a lemon
- 120 g whole egg mayonnaise (½ cup)
- salt and pepper
- 3 JAZZ™ apples cut into matchsticks
- lime segments, coriander leaves and sesame seeds to serve
To make the Sticky Smoky Spicy Pork Ribs
- Place smoky spicy sauce, orange juice, garlic, maple syrup and brown sugar into a large baking dish then stir to combine.
- Add whole pork ribs and turn to coat completely in marinade. Allow to marinate for at least 30 mins, preferably 4hrs or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- Drain the marinade and reserve for basting.
- Cover baking tray with foil and place in oven to bake for 45 mins.
- Turn the oven up to 180°C.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and remove foil.
- Baste pork ribs with some of the reserved marinade and return to oven for 10 mins.
- Baste again and return to oven. Repeat until all the marinade has been used and the pork ribs are caramelised and sticky. Approximately 15 – 20 mins.
- To serve, cut the pork ribs into 1- 2 ribs, sprinkle with coriander leaves, sesame seeds and squeeze over lemon juice.
JAZZ™ Apple Slaw
- Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Stir mustard mixture into the whole egg mayonnaise.
- Stir the mayonnaise through the JAZZ™ Apples.
- Serve with Sticky Smoky Spicy Pork Ribs.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple and Fig Breakfast Bar
Thai JAZZ™ Apple Spring Rolls with Apple Peanut Sauce
JAZZ™ Apple Monsters
JAZZ™ Apple, Thyme and Pork Sausage Rolls
envy™ Apple & Jalapeno Tuna Poke Bowl
Spicy Butterscotch JAZZ™ Apple Cake
Spelt Waffles with Spiced Envy™ Apple Compote
JAZZ™ Apple, Watermelon and Feta Salad