envy™ Apple Custard Trifle
- 6 envy™ apples
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar or similar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour + 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups vanilla bean custard
- 1 large plain sponge cake
- ½ cup caramel or butterscotch sauce – reserve a little for garnish
- ½ cup cream
- Fresh sliced envy™ apple and strawberries & drizzle of caramel sauce
- Peel, core and dice envy™ apples and place in a large saucepan.
- Add caster sugar, cinnamon, and water.
- Simmer envy™ apples for 5-8 minutes until tender.
- Combine the cornflour and water.
- Stir the cornflour mixture into the envy™ apples stirring until the apples are syrupy.
- Cut the sponge into 2cm diced pieces.
- Arrange 1/3 of the sponge pieces in the base of your serving bowl.
- Spoon over ½ of the cinnamon apple pieces including the syrupy juices.
- Spread over ½ the custard and drizzle with ½ the caramel sauce.
- Repeat steps 7,8 and 9 finishing with the sponge cake, chill.
- Whip cream and spoon dollops over the sponge cake to cover the top.
- Garnish with fresh sliced apple and strawberries and drizzle with a little caramel sauce.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple, Rhubarb & Ginger Filo Scrunch
JAZZ™ Apple, Pork & Sage Meatballs
Golden Syrup Smitten® Apple Dumplings
Balsamic & JAZZ™ Apple Almond Butter Stuffed Dates
envy™ Apple & Pulled Pork Rice Paper Rolls
Smitten® Apple Salad
JAZZ™ Apple, Prune and Hazelnut Cake