Haloumi & envy™ Apple Slaw Tacos
- 180g haloumi, sliced
- ¼ white cabbage, shredded
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 medium envy™ apple, cored and coarsely grated
- ¼ cup natural yoghurt
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 mini tortillas
- Drain haloumi, and pat dry with a paper towel. Place haloumi in a bowl and coat with honey and oregano. Set aside.
- Add white and red cabbage, carrot, apple and parsley to a separate bowl.
- In another bowl whisk yoghurt, lemon zest and juice, mustard and vinegar until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat and add haloumi. Cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dress the slaw and mix well.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Fill each tortilla with slaw and top with haloumi.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe by The Nutrition Guy, Joel Ferren
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
envy™ Apple Coconut Bircher
JAZZ™ Apple, Orange and Turmeric Tonic
Chicken Schnitzel with envy™ Apple & Fennel Salad & a Buttermilk Dressing
JAZZ™ Apple, Pork & Sage Meatballs
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with envy™ Apples & Cranberry Vinaigrette
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Panna Cotta and Plum Jelly
envy™ Apple Braised Chicken Thighs
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Rocky Road