Smitten® Apple and Fennel BBQ Chutney
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large head of fennel diced
- 4 Smitten® apples diced (skins optional)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp black pepper – add more for warmth and spice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5oo ml apple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat cook the onion in olive oil and a pinch of salt until soft. Add in the garlic and the fennel seeds, cook until soft.
- Turn the heat up and add in the Smitten® apples and butter. At this stage you want to caramelise the ingredients slightly. Add in the diced fennel and black pepper, fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the vinegar and cook until the vinegar has almost disappeared. Add in the apple juice and brown sugar. Cook down and reduce until the juice has reduced by half. Taste and season to your liking.
- Serve with roasted chicken or pork. It goes especially well with the JAZZ™ Apple and Rosemary Stuffed Pork Belly recipe also cooked on this season.
Recipe by Michael Weldon, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple and Rosemary Stuffed Pork Belly
envy™ Apple & Jalapeno Tuna Poke Bowl
BBQ Pork Chops with JAZZ™ Apple & Potato
JAZZ™ Apple and Apricot Tarte Tartin
envy™ Apple, Bacon & Brie Cheese Toasties
JAZZ™ Apple & Citrus Bourbon Nightcap
Smitten® Apple Salad