Smitten® Apple and Zucchini Slaw with Cashew Dressing
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 4 Smitten® apples, sliced into matchsticks
- 3 zucchinis, cut into noodles
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thinly
- 2 tbs roasted almonds, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- 150g almond meal
- 100g water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- In a saucepan add the water and bring to the simmer. Add the almond meal, reduce to a medium heat and cook for 5-8 minutes. Once cooked transfer to a blender or jug for stick blending. Begin blending and slowly add in the oil until all is blended into the sauce. Add the vinegar and a pinch of salt, blend till smooth.
- In a large bowl combine the apple zucchini, carrot, spring onion, currants, coriander, mint, jalapeno and chopped almonds. Drizzle with olive oil, a splash of balsamic and a pinch of salt. Toast together until the ingredients are evenly dressed.
- Serve on a large sharing platter. Spread the almond sauce on the bottom of the platter then top with the slaw. Finish with extra herbs, jalapenos and chopped almonds.
Recipe by Michael Weldon, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple & Red Onion Chutney Cheese Platter
Spicy Butterscotch JAZZ™ Apple Cake
envy™ Apple & Green Bean Casserole
JAZZ™ Apple Cardamom Cake
Smitten® Apple Salad
JAZZ™ Apple, Ham, & Cheese Pockets
Seared Salmon with JAZZ™ Apple Waldorf and Lemon Aioli