Caramel & Sesame envy™ Apple Bites
- 2 envy™ apples
- About 300mls plain oil for frying
- 40gms plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon each five spice & cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- Iced water
- In a medium bowl lightly whisk the egg.
- Add the flour, cornflour and spices.
- Whisk all together to make a sticky thick batter and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep-frying pan or wok.
- Peel, core and cut the envy™ apples into even sized wedges about 8 per apple.
- Dip the apple wedges into the batter and toss to coat each wedge (the batter will loosen with the apple juices).
- Heat the oil and fry 4-5 apples slices at a time for 1-2 minutes until golden, then transfer to a lined baking tray.
- In another frying pan heat the sugar and oil over a medium heat until the sugar begins to caramelise.
- Add the sesame seeds when the caramel is light golden and swirl around to mix.
- When the caramel is a rich golden brown add the apples a few at a time and mix all around to coat each in the sesame caramel mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl of iced water and then remove with a slotted spoon onto a lined tray to harden.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
CROC EGGS™ Plum Smoothie
Baked yello® Apple and Pork Meatballs with Pasta
Spiralized envy™ Apple & Kale Salad
Classic envy™ Apple Lattice Tart
Smitten® Apple, Maple & Cinnamon Pancakes
Turkey and envy™ Apple Stuffed Croissants
HONEYCOT® Apricot Tart with Cardamon and Hazelnuts