JAZZ™ Apple and Apricot Tarte Tartin
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 6 JAZZ™ Apples, peeled cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 sheets butter puff pastry
- sea salt
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Heat a oven safe frypan over a medium high heat. Add the brown sugar and cook until caramelised. Add the cream and butter, cook until the sauce is a caramel. Add the apple and apricot into the frypan. Top with pastry and tuck in the edges. If your sheet doesn’t cover the edges fully add some extra sheets of pastry. Cut a couple of holes in the top of the pastry to allow the filling to steam.
- Place into a 180 deg Celsius oven and cook until the pastry is golden and puffed
- Remove from the oven and sit for 2 minutes. Place a plate over the pan and flip so the tarte tartin is apple and apricot side up on the plate. Cut into quarters and top with ice cream.
Recipe by Michael Weldon, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Chai Spiced Whole Baked JAZZ™ Apples
30 - 40 mins
Seared Salmon with JAZZ™ Apple Waldorf and Lemon Aioli