Spiced CROC EGG™ Plum Chutney
- 2 kg CROC EGG™ plums, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3 brown onions, roughly diced
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp star anise powder or 3 star anise
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 cm piece ginger, roughly chopped
- zest of 1 orange
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a heavy based saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Once the mixture comes to a light simmer leave it to cook for 2-3 hours depending on how thick you like it. As it simmers away the plums will begin to break down, you will know when the chutney is ready when the onions are translucent, and the mixture sticks well to the back of a spoon.
- Once the chutney is nice and thick remove it from the stove, allow it to cool slightly before placing into steralised jars. If you don’t have steralised jars place the chutney into containers and keep it in the fridge.
- This chutney is the perfect accompaniment for Christmas ham, or a perfect cheeseboard condiment. Enjoy.
Credit: Nicolette Stathopoulos
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Rocky Road
Greek Chicken and JAZZ™ Apple Lettuce Wraps
Italian JAZZ™ Apple Doughnuts
Croc EGG™ Plum Sorbet
Pulled Pork with JAZZ™ Apple & Kimchi Slider Burger
JAZZ™ Apple & Citrus Bourbon Nightcap
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Panna Cotta and Plum Jelly