Grilled Pork Chops with Tangy Croc Eggs Plum Sauce
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 4 pork chop cutlets trimmed (250g each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 small shallots peeled only
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 star anise
- 2 tbsp plum jam
- 3 large plums pureed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 grilled plums to serve - halved
- Start with making the tangy plum sauce. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium saucepan over a moderate heat add the shallots and sauté gently for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon, add the star anise and garlic, followed by the jam, pureed plums and balsamic and cook for a further 3 – 4 minutes to reduce. Keep stirring to prevent sticking. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the other tablespoon of oil in a large heavy based frying pan until hot and cook the pork chops for 6 – 8 minutes on each side or to preferred cooking time.
- Whilst the pork is cooking, grill the plums for 4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Transfer pork to serving plate and top with warm tangy plum sauce and grilled plums.
- Serve with grilled zucchini as a side dish.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Winter Power Bowl with JAZZ™ apple
JAZZ™ Apple and Fig Breakfast Bar
JAZZ™ Apple and Blueberry Pandowdy
Tempeh and JAZZ™ Apple Burgers
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Panna Cotta and Plum Jelly
Smitten® Apple Galette
Waffles with Poached HONEYCOT® Apricots & Rosewater Greek Yoghurt