Chilli-glazed Salmon with Zoodles and the MONTAGUE tree™ Nectarine Salsa
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 500 g salmon fillet, skin on, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 bunch coriander
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Zucchini Noodles
- 2-3 zucchinis (spiralized or julienned)
- 2 stalks spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- salt to season
- the MONTAGUE tree™ Nectarine Salsa
- 2 the MONTAGUE tree™ nectarines
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1/4 bunch mint, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the soy sauce, honey, Sriracha, lime juice, ginger, and garlic in a shallow dish. Coat the salmon pieces with the marinade and refrigerate, covered, for minimum 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- For the zucchini noodles, combine the zucchini with spring onions in a large bowl. Whisk together the ginger, sesame oil, chilli oil (if using), tamari, vinegar, honey and salt. Pour the dressing over the zucchini noodles and mix well. Let the noodles sit while you cook the salmon.
- To make the salsa, combine the MONTAGUE tree™ nectarines, onion, coriander, mint and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When you are ready to cook the salmon, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add the sesame oil. Reserve the marinade, remove the salmon and sear the pieces until coloured (approx. 1 minute on each side). Reduce heat to low and add reserved marinade. Cover and simmer until the fish is cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the salmon on top of the zucchini noodles. Garnish with lemon wedges, coriander leaves and sesame seeds. Serve with the MONTAGUE tree™ nectarine salsa.
Leave out the Sriracha sauce for a mild version of this dish.
If nectarines are not available, substitute with peaches.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Poached envy™ Apples with Salted Caramel
Cinnamon Oats with Stewed the MONTAGUE™ tree Plums
JAZZ™ Apple and Fig Breakfast Bar
Cinnamon JAZZ™ Apple Dumplings with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Croc EGG™ Plum Sorbet
the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach, Watermelon and Feta Salad
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Panna Cotta and Plum Jelly