JAZZ™ Apple Crumble Slice
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Apple Filling
- 8 Jazz apples peeled, cored and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 100 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Line a 26cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl add almond meal.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, milk and maple syrup. Add wet ingredients to almond meal and combine well.
- Spread the base mixture evenly and bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Toss apples in lemon juice immediately to avoid browning. Add cornflour and spices and toss.
- Transfer to a medium saucepan with the water and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the apples are soft. Spread apple filling evenly on top of the baked base
- Set oven to 180°C.
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture is well combined and is crumbly to touch.
- Evenly spread the crumble mixture over the apples and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Balsamic & JAZZ™ Apple Almond Butter Stuffed Dates
envy™ Apple & Jalapeno Tuna Poke Bowl
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum and Almond Free Form Tart by Donna Hay
JAZZ™ Apple, Watermelon & Mint Cooler
Spiced JAZZ™ Apple & Dulce De Leche Bars
JAZZ™ Apple and Bacon Corn Fritters with a Habanero Honey Glaze
Croc Eggs Plum and Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding