envy™ Apple & Honey Pancakes
- 2 envy™ apples
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Mānuka honey
- 1 cup buttermilk or thin yogurt
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Butter for frying
- Fresh seasonal fruit and extra honey & yoghurt to serve
- Core and grate envy™ apples onto a clean cloth, gather up the sides and squeeze out the juice (save the juice into a glass for a refreshing drink).
- In a large bowl combine the grated apple, eggs and honey and whisk until foamy.
- Add the buttermilk or yoghurt and whisk until smooth.
- Sift over the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and fold together to make a fluffy batter.
- Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan and add a large spoonful of mixture, use the back of a spoon to smooth into an even thin circle, cook over a medium heat until bubbles form on the top of the hotcake, then flip and cook until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping cooked hotcakes warm under a clean tea towel.
- Serve with hotcakes with a dollop of yoghurt a fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum Crumble
envy™ Apple & Stilton Cheese Pizza
envy™ Apple & Chia Overnight Oats
Butter Lettuce & envy™ Apple Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette
Croc Eggs Plum and Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
Chocolate and CROC EGGS™ Plum Brownie
Poached the MONTAGUE tree™ Plums with Coconut Rice Pudding