Pulled Pork with JAZZ™ Apple & Kimchi Slider Burgerroc Eggs Plum and Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 kg pork shoulder deboned
- 2 celery sticks roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed & still in skin
- 750 ml vegetable stock (3 cups)
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 1 lemon thickly sliced
- 3 JAZZ™ apples grated
- 50 g Kimchi* thinly sliced
- whole egg mayonnaise
- 15 small bread rolls
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Place an ovenproof dish over a medium heat on the stove and add oil.
- Sprinkle salt over the pork shoulder.
- Add the pork shoulder to the dish and brown it all over, approximately 5 mins. Remove from dish.
- Add the celery, carrot, onion and garlic to the dish and sauté until softened and fragrant.
- Add the chilli sauce/paste and quickly fry for 5 – 10 seconds.
- Add the lemon slices and return the pork shoulder to the dish, on top of lemon slices.
- Pour the vegetable stock over and cover the dish with a lid.
- Place in the oven and cook for 3 – 3.5hrs or, until the pork falls apart.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 – 15 mins. Shred pork and set aside.
- Brush the tops of the bread rolls with melted butter.
- Place in the oven until heated through. Approximately 5- 6 mins.
- To make the apple and kimchi, place the JAZZ™ apples and kimchi in a bowl and stir to combine.
- To serve, cut the rolls in half, spread with mayonnaise then top with the shredded pork and the apple and kimchi mixture. Place the top of the roll back on.
- *NOTE: Kimchi is a traditional fermented Korean side dish made of vegetables using a variety of seasonings including chili.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Spiced Pork Belly with Roasted Plums
Smoky Tempeh & JAZZ™ Apple Slaw Sandwich
Cinnamon Oats with Stewed the MONTAGUE™ tree Plums
Cinnamon JAZZ™ Apple Dumplings with Cream Cheese Drizzle
the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach Aquafaba Pavlova
Smitten® Stewed Apples with Oatmeal Crumble
JAZZ™ Apple and Apricot Tarte Tartin
JAZZ™ Apple, Watermelon and Feta Salad