Waffles with Poached HONEYCOT® Apricots & Rosewater Greek Yogurt
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 2 HONEYCOT® apricots halved with stone removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 kilo HONEYCOT® apricots stone removed and sliced
- 1 1/4 cup honey
- 4 waffles warmed as per manufacturer's instructions
- 1 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt (1¼ cups)
- 1 tbsp rosewater
- 1 handful almond flakes toasted
- Mint to garnish
- Heat the butter in a heavy based pan and place the apricot halves, flesh side down and grill until charred, the sprinkle of sugar will aid the charring process.
- Place sliced apricots in a pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer over a gentle heat for 3 – 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In another pot heat the honey with some of apricot water until just warm. Keep for later, this will be to pour over the waffles.
- Mix the rosewater into the yogurt.
- To assemble the waffles: place the warmed waffle on a plate and spoon over the poached apricots and top with yogurt, honey and top with grilled apricot half and a scattering of almonds and mint.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple Crumble Slice
envy™ Apple & Jalapeno Tuna Poke Bowl
Sautéed Halibut with envy™ Apple & Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
The Orchard Sausage and Smitten® Apple Salad