the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum Ombré Chia Puddings
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- Ombré Pudding
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups Yoghurt (eg. coconut, almond, soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 3-6 tsp Natural sweetener to taste (white granulated stevia, xylitol, coconut sugar, maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup water
- Plum Compote
- 4 the MONTAGUE tree™ plums pit removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Natural sweetener to taste
- Divide the chia seeds between 3 clean jars.
- Add 1/2 cup water to one jar, and a cup of yoghurt to each of the other two jars.
- Add sweetener to each jar and stir.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for an hour to swell.
- Red layer – Add 3/4 of the plum compote to the chia/water jar and stir.
- Pink layer – Add the remaining plum compote to one of the chia/yoghurt jars and stir.
- White layer – Remaining chia/yoghurt jar.
- Layer into cups in desired pattern.
- Top with more fresh plum slices to serve.
*Add additional liquid to each jar the following day as needed, to your desired consistency.
- Slice and de-pit the plums over a bowl to reserve the juices and flesh together.
- Place in a saucepan over high heat with the sweetener, stirring continuously for 3 mins until thickened.
- Set aside to cool, or place in the fridge overnight.
- Mix or layer with chia pudding as above.
Credit: Healthy Eating Jo
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
BBQ Chicken Skewers with Spicy Croc Eggs Plum Sauce