the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach Aquafaba Pavlova
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 2 cups aquafaba from 4 cans of white beans or chickpeas
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 360 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp potato or corn starch
- 240 ml cream
- 40 g icing sugar (reserve 1 tbsp for dusting)
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1-2 cups fresh the MONTAGUE tree™ peaches
- pulp of 4 passionfruit
- Reduce the aquafaba on the stove by simmering low until it's reduced by about half and yields 1 cup, chill in the freezer or fridge until cold but not frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 110C (fan forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and draw a 20cm circle on the paper.
- Pour the aquafaba in a clean bowl and add the cream of tartar. Beat with an electric beater on high speed until firm peaks form, about 8 minutes. Gradually add icing sugar, ¼ cup at a time, beating well after each addition so the sugar dissolves. When all the sugar has been added, the meringue should be thick and glossy. Add the vanilla extract and starch and beat at high speed until just combined. Spoon the meringue into the circle template and, working quickly, use a fork to tidy the meringue into a rounded mound. Bake for 2.5 hours and for the last 30min, keep the oven door ajar. At the end turn the oven off with the pavlova inside to cool completely.
- To serve, whip cream with icing sugar and vanilla extract to a soft peak, spoon it on top of pavlova, decorate with the MONTAGUE tree™ peaches , berries, passionfruit pulp and dust with the reserved icing sugar.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple Donuts
envy™ Apple & Honey Pancakes
envy™ Apple and Celery Soup topped with Crispy Lentils
envy™ Apple Braised Chicken Thighs
Smitten® Apple, Oat and Yoghurt Muffins