Stewed Smitten® Apple with Nuts, Seeds and Yoghurt
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 4 Smitten® Apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, chopped
- sweet and creamy yoghurt to serve
- In a saucepan combine the apple, brown sugar, cider, raisins, apricots and rosemary sprigs with ¼ cup of water, cook until the apples are soft. Add the butter and stir through to melt.
- In a frypan over a medium heat add the sugar and melt until it caramelises. Add the nuts and stir through to coat. Pour the nuts onto a piece of baking paper and allow to cool.
- Serve the poached apples topped with the candied nuts and finish with a scope of yoghurt.
Recipe by Michael Weldon, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
envy™ Apple Crumble Bars
Croc Eggs Plum and Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with envy™ Apples & Cranberry Vinaigrette
envy™ Apple Coconut Bircher
Poached JAZZ™ Apples with Miso Butterscotch
Lentil, BLACK DIAMOND® Plum and Celeriac Salad
Italian JAZZ™ Apple Doughnuts