Spelt waffles with spiced envy™ apple compote
- The Waffles
- 1 1/4 cups Spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 envy™ apple grated
- Spiced envy™ apple compote
- 4 envy™ apples cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 star anise
- 1 cup water
- zest of one orange
- Preheat waffle maker. In a large mixing bowl add spelt flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and gently whisk to combine. Fold through grated apple.
- Ladle about ½ cup of batter to waffle maker, ensuring the mixture is evenly spread. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat process using remaining batter.
Spiced envy™ apple compote
- Add the cut up apples, spices, water and orange zest to a medium pot and cook on a low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Top waffles with compote and serve with Greek yoghurt.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple and Apricot Tarte Tartin
JAZZ™ Apple, Ham, & Cheese Pockets
Smitten® Apples and Carrot Muffins
Haloumi & envy™ Apple Slaw Tacos
JAZZ™ Apple, Orange and Turmeric Tonic
JAZZ™ Apple Crepe Cake with Meringue