Roast Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash and Caramelised Ambrosia™ Apples
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
1h 10 mins
- 100g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra 50g
- 1/4 cup rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2kg whole chicken
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg orange sweet potato, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- Red vein sorrel, to serve
- Caramelised Ambrosia™ Apples
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 large Ambrosia™ apples, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, coarsely ground
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced (200°C conventional). Grease a large roasting pan with oil.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and rosemary. Season. Starting at neck end, separate breast skin from flesh without tearing. Use fingers to spread rosemary butter evenly under skin over breasts. Tie legs with kitchen string. Drizzle oil over chicken. Roast for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until tender and moist.
- Meanwhile, boil sweet potato for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain, return to pan with cream and extra butter and mash until smooth and creamy. Season.
- Meanwhile, for caramelised apples, in a large frying pan, heat butter on low. Cook leek, apple and fennel for 15 minutes, stirring until softened and lightly caramelised.
- Top mash with caramelised apples, garnish with sorrel, and serve with roast chicken.
Recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine– June 2022 Edition.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Smitten® Apple Salad