Poached JAZZ™ Apples with Miso Butterscotch
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 6 JAZZ™ apples, peeled, cored, cut into eighths
- 160g brown sugar + 3 tbsp
- 50g butter + 2tbsp
- 1/4 cup cream + 6 tbsp
- 60g miso
- 200ml dollop cream
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 6 digestives, processed to a fine crumble
- To serve: dehydrated apple chips, grated almonds, small edible herbs
- Melt 50g of butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter has almost melted, add the 160g of brown sugar, followed by the JAZZ™ apples. Cook and toss the JAZZ™ apples a few times until they are nicely caramelised on all sides.
- In a wide saucepan, add butter, 3 tbsp brown sugar and ¼ cup cream, stirring until smooth. Then stop stirring and allow to simmer for three minutes. Add miso and stir to combine then remove from heat and stir in the remaining 6 tablespoons of cream.
- Place the apples in 6 bowls. Pour over the butterscotch sauce. Dust with icing sugar. Serve with dollop cream, digestive crumble, grated almond and dehydrated almond chips.
Recipe by Sarah Todd, featured on Farm to Fork
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Overnight Maple JAZZ™ Apple Oats
Crispy Soy Roasted Pork Belly with Asian Spiced BLACK DIAMOND® Plums
Kingfish and envy™ Apple Crudo by Pieter Buijsse
Poached envy™ Apples with Salted Caramel
Croc Eggs Plum and Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding