Croc Eggs Plum & Ricotta Pancake Stack
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 225 g plain flour (1¾ cups)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 300 ml full cream milk (1¼ cups)
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 egg beaten
- oil for frying pancakes
- 250 g ricotta (1 cup)
- 1 plum pureed (to make 2 tbsp)
- ½ tbsp castor sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 plums finely sliced
- golden syrup to serve
- Firstly, make the pancake batter, place the flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl, stir to combine, make a well at the bottom.
- Blend the milk, yoghurt and egg in another bowl with a whisk, then pour slowly into flour mix, stirring gently with a wooden spoon as you pour to avoid lumps.
- Cover; allow to stand for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile prepare the ricotta filling by mixing all the ricotta filling ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Now prepare a pancake pan and heat really well with a little oil, when hot pour in a 1/3 cup of the batter or desired size and cook for 3 minutes or so on each side until golden.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Place a pancake on each serving plate and top with ricotta filling and slices of fresh plums. Finish off with a drizzle of golden syrup. Repeat to make the pancake stack.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
The Orchard Sausage and Smitten® Apple Salad
BBQ Chicken Skewers with Spicy Croc Eggs Plum Sauce
envy™ Apple Beef Pot Roast
Olive Oil Cake with JAZZ™ Apple and Fig Compote, Sesame Brittle & Cashew Nut Cream
Simple JAZZ™ Apple Muffins
JAZZ™ Apple, Rhubarb & Ginger Filo Scrunch
JAZZ™ Apple, Thyme and Pork Sausage Rolls
Chai Spiced Whole Baked JAZZ™ Apples
30 - 40 mins