JAZZ™ Apple, Thyme and Pork Sausage Rolls
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 JAZZ™ apple, peeled and cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 500g mince pork
- 2 sheets (375g) butter puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- apple BBQ sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic apple and carrot and stir occasionally until tender (6 minutes) stir through herbs, season to taste.
- Combine pork and apple mixture in a bowl and season to taste.
- Slice puff pastry in half and place ¼ of the pork mixture along one long edge, leaving a 1cm border, brush with egg wash and roll to just enclose pork. Cut into 4 and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and repeat with remaining pastry and pork. Brush with egg wash, scatter with sesame seeds and bake until golden and cooked through (15-17 minutes).
Recipe by Sarah Todd, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
BBQ Grilled Nectara™ Nectarines with Buffalo Mozzarella, Basil Pesto and Rocket
Thai JAZZ™ Apple Spring Rolls with Apple Peanut Sauce
Cinnamon Cookie Sandwiches with JAZZ™ Apple Gems and Cream Cheese Frosting
Smitten® Apple and Fennel BBQ Chutney
HONEYCOT® Apricot Ice Cream with Lemon Myrtle
envy™ Apple, Vanilla Bean & Mascarpone Baked Cheesecake
JAZZ™ Apple, Ham, & Cheese Pockets
Smitten® Apple and Rosemary Baked Brie