JAZZ™ Apple, Thyme and Pork Sausage Rolls
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 JAZZ™ apple, peeled and cut into 1 cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 500g mince pork
- 2 sheets (375g) butter puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- apple BBQ sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic apple and carrot and stir occasionally until tender (6 minutes) stir through herbs, season to taste.
- Combine pork and apple mixture in a bowl and season to taste.
- Slice puff pastry in half and place ¼ of the pork mixture along one long edge, leaving a 1cm border, brush with egg wash and roll to just enclose pork. Cut into 4 and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and repeat with remaining pastry and pork. Brush with egg wash, scatter with sesame seeds and bake until golden and cooked through (15-17 minutes).
Recipe by Sarah Todd, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Haloumi & envy™ Apple Slaw Tacos
envy™ Apple Easter Bliss Ball Pops
Rocket & CROC EGGS™ Plum Summer Salad
JAZZ™ Apple & Red Onion Chutney Cheese Platter
Crispy Soy Roasted Pork Belly with Asian Spiced BLACK DIAMOND® Plums
Winter Power Bowl with JAZZ™ apple
Croc Eggs Plum and Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding