JAZZ™ Apple & Rosemary Sorbet
- Prepration Time
- Passive Time
- 1 kg JAZZ™ apples cored and cut into chunks
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 150 g glucose sugar (⅔ cup)
- 225 g caster sugar (1 cup)
- 1 lemon for juice
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 375 ml water (1½ cups)
- t tbsp brandy
- 2 drops green food colouring (optional)
- Place the JAZZ™ apples, rosemary, sugars, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste and water into a large saucepan.
- Place over a low heat with a lid.
- Bring to a simmer and continue to cook until the apples are soft, approximately 20 mins.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Transfer the cooled apple mixture to a blender.
- Add the brandy and food colouring
- Blend until the mixture is a smooth puree.
- Strain through a fine sieve if needed.
- Chill in the fridge if needed then churn the mixture in an ice-cream machine as per the machines instructions.
- Transfer the churned sorbet to a container and place in the freezer for 4 hours.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Croc EGG™ Plum Sorbet
Winter Power Bowl with JAZZ™ apple
JAZZ™ Apple and Bacon Corn Fritters with a Habanero Honey Glaze
Eggplant, JAZZ™ Apple and Fennel Curry