JAZZ™ Apple Cake
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 4-5 JAZZ™ apples, sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 115g butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 180° C and lightly grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Core and slice the JAZZ™ apples into fine slithers and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until foamy.
- Add sugar and whisk to blend then add vanilla essence.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt and mix.
- Combine the flour and butter with the egg mixture stirring to create a smooth batter.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold ¾ of the apples into the batter (reserve the extra for the heart shaped topping).
- Pour the apple batter into the prepared cake tin and smooth the top.
- Arrange the remaining apple slices on the top of the cake batter to create a heart shape.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and knife in centre comes out clean.
- Optional: Add a little sprinkle of cinnamon sugar over the apples before cooking or dust with icing sugar before serving.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple, Rhubarb & Ginger Filo Scrunch
Chai Spiced Whole Baked JAZZ™ Apples
30 - 40 mins
BLACK DIAMOND® Plum Panna Cotta and Plum Jelly
Sticky Smoky Spicy Pork Ribs with JAZZ™ Apple Slaw
JAZZ™ Apple and Bacon Corn Fritters with a Habanero Honey Glaze
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum Crumble