JAZZ™ Apple and Blueberry Pandowdy
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 10 JAZZ™ apples peeled and cut into wedges
- 250 g frozen blueberries (1 cup)
- 250 g caster sugar (1¼ cups)
- 300 g plain flour (2¼ cups)
- 60 g icing sugar (½ cup)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zest finely grated
- 150 g unsalted butter diced
- 120 g sour cream (½ cup)
- cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Combine the JAZZ™ apples, blueberries, caster sugar and 40g (3 Tbsp) flour in a lightly-greased 25cm square casserole dish.
- Combine the remaining flour, icing sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a coarse crumb forms.
- Add the sour cream and pulse until combined.
- Press out to 4mm thick between two sheets of non-stick baking paper, then freeze for 10 minutes, until firm.
- Cut the pastry into even 6cm square-sized pieces and arrange these in an overlapping pattern on top of the Jazz apple mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp and the juice have begun to rise up from beneath.
- Serve warm with cream.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach Aquafaba Pavlova
BBQ Pork Chops with JAZZ™ Apple & Potato
envy™ Apple & Berry Smoothie
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum Ombré Chia Puddings
The Orchard Sausage and Smitten® Apple Salad
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum and Coconut Cake by Donna Hay
One Pan Roasted Sausages with Ambrosia™ Apples, Potato and Sage
Crispy Soy Roasted Pork Belly with Asian Spiced BLACK DIAMOND® Plums