Italian JAZZ™ Apple Doughnuts
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 2 JAZZ™ apples grated
- 300 g self-raising flour (2¼ cups)
- 80 g caster sugar (⅓ cup)
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 125 ml milk (½ cup)
- 1 egg
- 65 ml dark rum (¼ cup)
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 115 g cinnamon sugar (½ cup)
- 65 g honey (¼ cup)
- Combine the flour, caster sugar and orange zest in a laerge bowl.
- Whisk the orange juice, JAZZ™ apples, milk, egg and rum in a second bowl.
- Beat the two mixtures together until smooth.
- Fry golf ball-sized pieces of batter in hot (180C) oil for 3 minutes, turning several times, until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper, then dredge with cinnamon sugar and serve drizzled with honey.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Caramel & Sesame envy™ Apple Bites
Croc Eggs Plum & Ricotta Pancake Stack
Olive Oil Cake with JAZZ™ Apple and Fig Compote, Sesame Brittle & Cashew Nut Cream
JAZZ™ Apple Galettes
envy™ Apple Tart
Smitten® Apple Galette
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum and Coconut Cake by Donna Hay