HONEYCOT® Apricot Tagine
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp dill seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon finely diced
- 1 kg apricots halved and stoned removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Heat oil in a large heavy based oven safe pot which has a firm fitting lid over a medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes then add carrots and celery followed by all the spices, stirring well with a wooden spoon.
- Now add the drumsticks and sear all over, turning with metal tongs.
- Pour in the stock, followed by the preserved lemon.
- Carefully drop in ½ the apricots and place the lid on and transfer to the preheated oven and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add the remaining apricots and cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with cous cous and Greek yoghurt.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Butter Lettuce & envy™ Apple Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette
JAZZ™ Apple Crumble Slice
Spinach & envy™ Apple Roulade
JAZZ™ Apple Breakfast Parfait
Spiced JAZZ™ Apple & Dulce De Leche Bars
Waffles with Poached HONEYCOT® Apricots & Rosewater Greek Yoghurt