Fresh envy™ Apple & Ginger Kimchi
Makes 1 medium jar (2 cup)
- 4 cups sliced cabbage (about ½ a medium cabbage)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 daikon, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 -inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 envy™ apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Toasted bruschetta, soft cheese, Parma ham etc. for serving
- Place the sliced cabbage in a large glass bowl and sprinkle with salt, mix well and stand covered for about 2 hours until the juices are released.
- Lightly rinse the cabbage under cold water to remove excess salt then squeeze well and discard the juice.
- Add the sliced daikon and red onion to the cabbage and mix well.
- In the food processor combine the envy™ apple pieces, garlic and ginger and pulse until pulpy but with some texture.
- Add the apple mix to the cabbage and toss with the fish sauce and chilli flakes.
- Transfer the mix to a clean sterilized jar and pack in firmly.
- Cover the jar loosely and allow to sit in a cool dark place for 4-6 hours.
- Transfer to the fridge and chill.
- Serve the kimchi with toasted bruschetta, soft cheese and Parma ham or your favourite toppings.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Valentine Envy™ Apple Cheesecake Bars
JAZZ™ Apple Zucchini Salad with a Tahini Dressing
Caramelised Grilled JAZZ™ Apples with Coconut Cream and Granola
Norman Style Chicken with JAZZ™ Apples
Cinnamon JAZZ™ Apple Dumplings with Cream Cheese Drizzle
Grilled the MONTAGUE tree™ Peaches with Peach Coconut Sorbet
JAZZ™ Apple Crepe Cake with Meringue