envy™ Apple Tart
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cold milk
- Apple mixture
- 5 envy apples, cored, quartered and finely sliced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Maple glaze
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Combine flour, icing sugar, lemon zest and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oil and milk.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and combine well. Gently knead the dough into a disc and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place on a lightly floured benchtop and roll with a rolling pin.
- Press the dough into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, pressing until it is smooth and lined evenly.
- Prick a few holes in the dough base with a fork. Line the dough with a sheet of baking paper and top with pie weights. Blind bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Combine apples with lemon juice, brown sugar, vanilla extract and spices. Mix well until all the apples are well coated.
- Arrange the apples over the crust and return to the oven. Bake for 40 minutes until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
- Whisk together maple syrup and hot water and brush the glaze over the apples. Serve immediately with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Spiralized envy™ Apple & Kale Salad
Spiced CROC EGG™ Plum Chutney
JAZZ™ Apple and Fig Breakfast Bar
Tempeh and JAZZ™ Apple Burgers
Smitten® Apples and Carrot Muffins
envy™ Apple Crumble Bars
BBQ Barramundi with Smitten® Apple and Fennel Rémoulade