envy™ Apple Tart by Reynold Poernomo
- Brown Sugar Tart
- 200g plain flour
- 100g brown sugar
- 3g salt
- 85g cubes of unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- Frangipane Mix
- 125g unsalted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 20g honey
- 125g egg
- 125g almond meal
- 40g plain flour
- 2g salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2g ground cinnamon
- 2 envy™ apples, skin on
- Whipped Cream with envy™ Apple Caramel
- 4 envy™ apples
- 300g thickened cream
- 55g sugar
- ½ vanilla bean
Brown Sugar Tart
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- Place dry ingredients and cold butter in a food processor and pulse until mixture is sandy.
- Add in egg and pulse again until dough is formed, transfer to a board or working surface and form a ball with the dough (try not to overwork the dough). Wrap with cling film and allow to rest for at least 2 hours.
- Once dough is rested, transfer to a lightly floured surface and roll the dough until it is 3mm in thickness.
- Drape the dough sheet over the desired tart tin and push against the edges until even all around.
- Prick the base of the dough with a fork and bake for 10-15mins until golden. Then remove from the oven to cool down.
- Cream butter, honey and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add in eggs and dry ingredients until a light dough is formed.
- Fill the tart with the frangipane mix until it is ⅔ full.
- Meanwhile, cut the cheeks of the apples and discard the core. Slice the cheeks finely and then lay them all out on top of the frangipane mix.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until frangipane is fully cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven to cool down.
Whipped Cream with envy™ Apple Caramel
- Juice the apples with a cold press or blend and strain the juice.
- Transfer juice into a small pot and cook over low heat until juice begins to thicken and caramelize. Add a tablespoon of water to loosen the caramel until honey-like consistency.
- Meanwhile, transfer sugar and cream with vanilla in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whip until medium peaks form.
- To serve, slice the tarts into 6 even pieces and serve with a dollop of cream and drizzle of the apple caramel.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Chilli-glazed Salmon with Zoodles and the MONTAGUE tree™ Nectarine Salsa
Thai JAZZ™ Apple Spring Rolls with Apple Peanut Sauce
JAZZ™ Apple Crumble Slice
Baked envy™ Apple Granola
Baked envy™ Apples with Nutella
the MONTAGUE tree™ Plum Cake by Kirsten Tibballs
Grilled the MONTAGUE tree™ Peaches with Peach Coconut Sorbet