envy™ Apple and Celery Soup topped with Crispy Lentils
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 5 envy™ apples
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- Chopped pistachios and oregano sprigs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 100°C fan-forced (120°C conventional). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Thinly slice 2 apples, removing seeds. Arrange on prepared trays and bake for 1-11/4 hours, or until apples are just crisp, turning halfway during cooking.
- Peel and chop remaining apples. In a large saucepan, heat half each of the butter and oil on low. Cook onion, carrot, celery and apple for 10 minutes, or until softened. Season. Pour in stock, bring to the boil and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes. Add milk and remaining butter and blitz until smooth.
- In a frypan, heat remaining oil on high. Cook lentils for 4 minutes, stirring often. Drain on paper towel. Top soup with lentils, nuts and oregano. Serve.
Recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine– June 2022 Edition.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Tofu and JAZZ™ apple skewers
Spinach & envy™ Apple Chicken Roulade
JAZZ™ Apple & Bacon Marmalade
Roast Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash and Caramelised Ambrosia™ Apples
1h 10 mins
Rocket & CROC EGGS™ Plum Summer Salad
Spicy Butterscotch JAZZ™ Apple Cake