envy™ Apple and Celery Soup topped with Crispy Lentils
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 5 envy™ apples
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
- Chopped pistachios and oregano sprigs, to serve
- Preheat oven to 100°C fan-forced (120°C conventional). Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Thinly slice 2 apples, removing seeds. Arrange on prepared trays and bake for 1-11/4 hours, or until apples are just crisp, turning halfway during cooking.
- Peel and chop remaining apples. In a large saucepan, heat half each of the butter and oil on low. Cook onion, carrot, celery and apple for 10 minutes, or until softened. Season. Pour in stock, bring to the boil and simmer on low heat for 25 minutes. Add milk and remaining butter and blitz until smooth.
- In a frypan, heat remaining oil on high. Cook lentils for 4 minutes, stirring often. Drain on paper towel. Top soup with lentils, nuts and oregano. Serve.
Recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine– June 2022 Edition.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Winter Power Bowl with JAZZ™ apple
JAZZ™ Apple Cake
Turkey and envy™ Apple Stuffed Croissants
Smitten® Apple, Oat and Yoghurt Muffins
envy™ Apple Beef Pot Roast
envy™ apple and tuna tartar with dill & chive oil and macadamia cream
Smitten® Apple and Rosemary Baked Brie