Crispy Soy Roasted Pork Belly with Asian Spiced BLACK DIAMOND® Plums
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 2 kg pork belly skin scored
- sea salt
- 150 ml soy sauce (⅔ cup)
- 1 tsp five spice
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 kg plums cut in half stone removed
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Mix the remaining ingredients, except plums in a jug with 300 ml water, stir with a spoon to combine, and then pour around the pork to just below the skin. Cook for 30 minutes until the skin starts to crackle, now cover the pork with foil and lower the temperature of the oven to 160°C and cook for a further 2 hours.
- Remove foil and now arrange the plums around the pork in the reduced spiced liquid. Cook for another hour until the pork is tender and the skin is crispy.
- Pour the remaining cooked spiced liquid, minus the bay leaves into a measuring jug and puree liquid with a stick blender. Serve this delicious sauce over the sliced pork.
- Serve with crunchy sugar snap peas.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
JAZZ™ Apple, Rhubarb & Ginger Filo Scrunch
Chai Spiced Whole Baked JAZZ™ Apples
30 - 40 mins
JAZZ™ Apple, Prune and Hazelnut Cake
Norman Style Chicken with JAZZ™ Apples
Cinnamon Oats with Stewed the MONTAGUE™ tree Plums
JAZZ™ Apple, Orange and Turmeric Tonic
Smitten® Stewed Apples with Oatmeal Crumble
Pulled Pork with JAZZ™ Apple & Kimchi Slider Burger