Caramel JAZZ™ Apples with Sweet Dukkah and Yoghurt
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- Sweet Dukkah
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup cashew nuts, salted
- ½ cup sugar (for toffee – melt sugar in a pan and set in baking paper)
- 2 tbs sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbs shaved coconuts, lightly toasted
- Caramel JAZZ™ Apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs butter
- 4 JAZZ™ apples, peeled and cored
- Vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- In a large frypan over a mediun heat warm some butter. Once melted, add the brown sugar – let it turn to caramel and then add the cut-up pieces of JAZZ™ apple to the pan, cook until the apples are soft.
- In a mortar and pestle, start cracking open the cashew and pistachio – create some texture then add the toffee, sesame seeds and coconut lightly bash ingredients together and mix.
- To serve, spoon the warm JAZZ™ apples into a bowl topped with some of the sauce form the pan. Sprinkle over the dukkah and finish with a spoon of yoghurt.
Recipe by Michael Weldon, featured on Farm to Fork.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Eggplant, JAZZ™ Apple and Fennel Curry
Winter Power Bowl with JAZZ™ apple
envy™ Apple Beef Pot Roast
Spinach & envy™ Apple Chicken Roulade
Thai JAZZ™ Apple Spring Rolls with Apple Peanut Sauce
JAZZ™ Apple Breakfast Parfait
JAZZ™ Apple and Rosemary Stuffed Pork Belly