BBQ Chicken Skewers with Spicy Croc Eggs Plum Sauce
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 8 chicken tenderloins threaded onto metal skewers
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1 bird's eye chili seeded, optional
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 plums stone removed and quartered
- 85 ml white wine (⅓ cup)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- lemon wedge to serve
- To make the plum sauce, heat one tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomato paste, plums and white wine and keep cooking for a further 5 minutes until the plums are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly, then puree until it becomes a thick sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil on a grill plate until hot and bbq the chicken skewers for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a side of grated slaw and place the spicy plum sauce in a small dish. Enjoy
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Turkey and envy™ Apple Stuffed Croissants
Butter Lettuce & envy™ Apple Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette
JAZZ™ Apple Zucchini Salad with a Tahini Dressing
JAZZ™ Apple Breakfast Parfait
Stewed Smitten® Apple with Nuts, Seeds and Yoghurt
envy™ Apple Braised Chicken Thighs
JAZZ™ Apple, Watermelon & Mint Cooler
Smitten® Apple and Zucchini Slaw with Cashew Dressing