Baked yello® Apple and Pork Meatballs with Pasta
- Prepration Time
- Cook Time
- 500g pork mince
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 large yello® apple, peeled, grated
- 1 free-range egg, lightly whisked
- 11/2 Tbsp plain flour
- Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 x 400g jars tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup small pasta shells
- Basil and flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (220°C conventional). In a large glass bowl, combine mince, onion, garlic, chilli, thyme, apple, egg and flour. Season. Shape into 12 large meatballs.
- In a large deep ovenproof frying pan, combine pasta sauce, 3/4 cup of water and pasta. Add meatballs and stir to coat. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, until pasta is tender. Preheat grill to high and sit pan under it for 5 minutes until meatballs are golden. Garnish with basil and parsley to serve.
Recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine– June 2022 Edition.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Valentine Envy™ Apple Cheesecake Bars
envy™ Apple & Raisin Filo Strudel
envy™ Apple Coconut Bircher
the MONTAGUE tree™ Peach Aquafaba Pavlova