Baked envy™ Apple Granola
- 2 envy™ apples
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups wholegrain oats
- 1 cup long thread coconut
- 1 cup mixed chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons each – pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds and sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line 2 large trays with baking paper.
- Core and cut the envy™ apples into small diced pieces.
- In a large bowl combine the envy™ apple pieces with 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup and mix well.
- Spread the diced envy™ apples out evenly over one of the prepared trays and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and toasted looking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining coconut oil and maple syrup with the cinnamon, lemon, oats, coconut, nuts and seeds add the pre-cooked envy™ apple pieces and toss until well mixed.
- Spread the mixture out in an even layer over 2 large lined trays and cook for 45-60 minutes at 160 degrees tossing 2-3 times until gently toasted and light golden in colour.
- Cool the mixture before transferring to container and seal with a lid – store in the fridge in warmer weather.
- Enjoy the granola with a dash of milk, sliced envy™ apples or your favourite seasonal fruits.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES
Frozen envy™ Apple & Blackberry Ripple Yoghurt Ice-Cream
Smoky Tempeh & JAZZ™ Apple Slaw Sandwich
envy™ Apple and Cinnamon Buns
envy™ Apple Tart
envy™ Apple Meringue Tarts
Smitten® Apple Galette
CROC EGG™ Plum and Ricotta Pancake Stack
Chocolate and CROC EGGS™ Plum Brownie