- SERVES: 4 people
- Preheat waffle maker. In a large mixing bowl add spelt flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and gently whisk to combine. Fold through grated apple.
- Ladle about ½ cup of batter to waffle maker, ensuring the mixture is evenly spread. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat process using remaining batter.
Spiced envy™ apple compote
- Add the cut up apples, spices, water and orange zest to a medium pot and cook on a low-medium heat for 15-20 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Top waffles with compote and serve with Greek yoghurt.